Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Burke's 30th Week

This week was all about food and sitting up at the Croft hacienda.
Burke tried carrots and squash.
He is starting to expect the routine and can even lift up his hands so I can slide his tray in front of him.


BEFORE

DURING


AFTER

 Are you guys serious? You expect me to hold a spoon?

 Alright. I can do that. But my aim isn't so good.
 Now for some practice sitting.  Burke can sit, but he needs some guardrails at times.
 BIG BOY SITTING UP!
 Ha ha. I am doing it all by myself. Look Dad! No hands.
 A ball always provides some help and entertainment.
 See? Piece of cake right?
 Woops! We call this move the "folding chair"
 This was Sunday's project. I had to try making baby food for myself. This batch was sweet potatoes, squash and pears. It was a puree party. I am not sure if I will be repeating this effort, but I had to prove that I could do it.
 Burke loves blankets. If you think he is falling asleep for a nap and you lay a blanket on him he reveals a sneaky smile, koala bear hugs the blanket with all four limbs and then pulls the blanket up to his face to snuggle it. If I weren't afraid he would smother himself I would let him snuggle the blanket, but since I am a nervous mom, he gets a small square of a blanket to love on during bedtime.
 See how happy he is with just a blanket? Its the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment