Saturday, January 3, 2015

December 2014

Merry Christmas! 

 Burke visited Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Garmin Family Event this year. Burke told Santa he had been good this year and would like trains (again). He was not scared to hop on his lap.


Tis the season for baking. Here Burke learns the joy of licking the spatula after making Grandma Jo's recipe for banana bread. 
 Dusty, our elf on the shelf, returned this year and did a little baking himself. ; )
 Christmas Eve Day baking of gingerbread cookies for Santa. 

We had Griers, Reid Grandparents, Grandma Karyl and Grandma Jean and Richard in town for Christmas Eve 5 pm service and back to our house for chili, snacks, unwrapping of presents and family time. 
Burke sets out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. 



 Grandmas take turns getting goodnight hugs before Santa comes.

Christmas morning!
Santa brought Burke a remote control car and two new Thomas trains. 



Grandma Jean has a little extra helper to see what's inside her stocking. She brought us her famous cinnamon rolls to enjoy Christmas morning. 



Time to bake again. These Santa hats were shared at Aunt Nicole's house for her Christmas brunch.

Papa & Nonna snuggles

 Clementes joined us from Lawrence and Chicago at Nicole's house.

 Quality Grandma Karyl time

 Grandma Karyl entertained Burke after Christmas so Dan and I could paint his baby sister's room. More decor to come.


Burke and I had the week after Christmas off to stay in our jimmies, organize the baby's room and play.

Playing Candy Land is a favorite treat after dinner.

 Dan and I went to the Pacey's annual Christmas Eve Eve Party. Megan and I are due within a week of one another. I am 31 weeks pregnant in this pick.
Dan took Karyl, Burke and I flying a few days after Christmas. Burke watches a "jet" take off at the airport while daddy enters our flight into the log book. 


Just a FEW Funny Things Burke Said this Month:

1. "I am Nonna's best friend cuz she made me cimmanin bread."
2. "This is awful"
3. "ICKY ICKY ICKY"
4. "Is that pretty cool?"
5. " Mom, I like you a whole bunch."
6. "When my sister gets out, she can sit in my chair."
7. "Sister can play with my trains, just not Percy, cuz it has a battery in it. I don't want her to break it."
8. Burke has discovered gum. I was giving him a speech on how we need to keep the gum in our mouth. I told him if it falls on the floor then we throw it away. I also told him it could get stuck in our hair and then we would have to get a funny haircut and maybe even shave it all off. Burke asks me, "Is that what happened to Papa's hair?"  Ha ha! Such a logical little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment