Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 2013


Happy 4th of July!!!

This time last year we were moving out of our Noble Street House and into our duplex in 108 degree heat. We are so relieved that we were able to enjoy this holiday in our new home and entertain the McGowns and Paceys.

McGowns
Daytime Fireworks. Burke's first sparklers.
This semi truck was Burke's favorite firework.

Summertime = pooltime
Potty training is in full swing. A little reading to pass the time.
Hey Mom. A little privacy please.

Burke Quotes:
1. Mom. Do you want to come in my space ship?
2. Plip Plops (Flip flops)
3. Leave me alone!
4. I squish it! (bugs)

 Funny Burke. While preparing dinner one night I heard Burke saying, "Mommy, I'm tuck (stuck)!"
I had to giggle while we coaxed out of his tight spot...that he got himself into. Ha ha.

 We headed to Manhattan for Dan's family reunion. Dan and I dropped Burke off with Grandma and headed out for a quick date night drink at the Little Apply Brewery.

The next morning all  three of us headed out to the beautiful Konza Prairie Trail. It was about a 3 mile hike. Thank goodness we had our BOB stroller to cover the rough terrain. Burke enjoyed the bumpy ride. Yes Dan pushed Burke up this hill!
What a view!
My explorers.
 It was fun to be free and just run!
 Trail blazers.
 We had a fun morning exploring the Konza. We then stopped at the KState Gardens (not pictured) to check it out. On our way back to Karyl's we spotted a pig competition at the Manhattan Fair Grounds. It was Burke's first pig show. After snorting at the big pigs we went back to grandma's house.


STITCHES!!!

After we were back at Grandma's house Burke was not cooperating to take a nap. He was running around grandma's house like a crazy man. Dan was out running errands and I had snuck in a shower before we were going to head out to the reunion. I was loading up the car with our suitcases and Burke decided to play in the stand up shower while I had my hands full.

Burke slipped stepping out of the shower and fell, hitting his chin on the metal frame of the shower.
He immediately screamed out in pain and I ran into the bathroom to scoop him up. When he tipped his chin up in the air to cry I immediately knew we would need a trip to the doctor to get stitches. Dan arrived shortly afterwards and helped calm Burke down and get us loaded up in the car.

The urgent care gave him 3 stitches. Burke was a fighter, but I wouldn't know. The doctor only wanted one parent in the room for the procedure. I am glad I didn't have to watch them restrain my baby. He was red and sweaty yelling, "You don't touch me!" to the nurse at the end of it. Thanks Dan for handling that one. Burke was spoiled with juice, a popsicle and stickers when it was over.
A week later I took him to the PA in KC and she removed his 3 stitches. He cried but did really well. He told me his chin was on fire. He was rewarded with ice cream and quickly forgot about it. There is still a scar but you can't see until he tips his chin up.

I have a feeling this will not be our last trip to urgent care for stitches.


 Dan turned 33! Karyl came to town to help celebrate his birthday. Here is his beloved KSU rock that Karyl gave him. It has been placed with pride at the front of our house.
Burning off some energy at the Ernie Miller Nature Park.
 Grandma Karyl is a great playmate. Tea for two?
Burke went to see his first movie in the theater. Both boys were excited since it was Disney's "Planes."
Burke sat still for the first hour and inhaled the popcorn.
After an hour he announced. " I'm done!" We spent that last 20 minutes talking and wiggling. Then we ran laps in the halls of the theatre for the last 10 minutes so Dan could finish the movie.
Burke's latest artwork.
The top pink circle was supposed to be a pig. Can't you tell?

 Swimming in the front lawn with the neighbor kids.
Will, Emma, Burke and Theo.
Nonna and Poppa came to visit for a fun Girls Day of Pedicures and Shopping.

Burke has a new chalkboard table, courtesy of Nicole.
 I refinished it. It is the perfect size for him.
Took a few pics while we still had on our Sunday best.

 Cute boys. Love them to pieces.
We have to get creative to trick Burke into eating.
Today we are cheetahs sneaking up on the peas to bite them.

No comments:

Post a Comment